Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Making something of myself

Have you ever woke up one day and said.....

I'm just tired of being who I am, and now I'm ready to be me.


That was me. I'm still working on it, I haven't found ME, yet.  It's an endless journey, but it's one that I'm more excited about every day.   I came out of one bad relationship into another, wasting 16 years of my life living with men who made it their mission in life to destroy me.  The places I have allowed myself to go as a person, and the way I've allowed myself to feel about who I am and what I'm capable of, disgust me.  I wish I could blame the people who put me in that position....but to this day I can only blame myself. I am the one who allowed it to happen.

There are people in my life who would like for me to believe that it wasn't my fault that it was these other influences in my life who caused it.  Perhaps they are right.  I still can't place blame for anything in my life on anyones shoulders but my own.  Maybe that is the strength I have now, that new ME who can't accept that I was ever that weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment