Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

I have a big family. Not to mention a fiance that takes his own lunch to work. So, I cook big, thus my large recipes...lol

With that said, I have to admit I made a great chicken noodle soup. I started it last night, I took Tyson Boneless Skinless frozen chicken breasts in the 2.5 lb bag, still frozen and put them in a stock pot covering them with water, and 4 cups of Swanson's Chicken broth. Turned it on low, and left it for about 2 hours.

When I came back to it I added about a tbsp of garlic powder, and 4 bay leaves. Then I let it simmer again for....you guessed it 2 hours.

Once that all cooled off I put it in the fridge over night.

When I got home from work today I pulled the chicken mix out of the fridge, diced up the breasts, (OK OK so I really just kinda shredded them) they were so tender they just about fell apart. Once they were all shredded up and back in the broth I brought them to a simmer, while I diced up a cup of carrots, and a cup of celery. I also added a good shaking of paprika, and sage, as well as a tsp of roasted garlic. I left that on simmer for about an hour, until the veggies were tender.

Now, about 15 minutes before I pulled the pot off the heat I boiled up a pot of water and made some Barilla Campanelle pasta. I don't like to put my pasta in the soup after a second heating the pasta tends to be mushy.

Now, to serve it up....

One big spoonful of pasta, and cover with a couple ladles of the chicken and broth.

It was to say the least.....YUM

Next time I think I'll just do the chicken and broth in the crock-pot.



* yes I agree I did forget the pictures again.

No comments:

Post a Comment